The River, Canal & Railway
The river, canal and the railway all passed through Over. The R. Leadon flows into the R. Severn and is not navigable. The canal, running alongside the river passes through Over and around the North and East of Lassington. Construction of the canal was started in 1793, opened to traffic in March 1798 and completed in1845 The canal ran from Hereford to Gloucester. The canal was not successful and was closed in 1885. The canal was rented to the Great Western Railway who subsequently built the Gloucester to Ledbury railway. The line was closed to passenger traffic in 1959. The Hereford and Gloucestershire Canal Trust are currently reinstating sections of the canal.